Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Shoes

I've decided that I definitely couldn't live in Taiwan forever because I would go totally broke buying shoes. Shoe here are like the most wonderful things ever. Generally I try to avoid common "girl- y" things but I must confess that I too (like every other girl in the world) love shoes. Red shoes, blue shoes, yellow flats, silver gladiator sandals, black heels... love 'em. These are of course all described (by me) as accessory shoes- neither practical, or necessarily comfortable, and goodness knows they aren't actually needed so much as wanted. However, having this facination towards shoes has great increased my Chinese vocabulary. Not only can I describe the size, color and style of the shoe I desire to purchase, I can also ask how much they cost. In getting the price of the shoes I usually make a little gasp and shake my head.. " O no. Much too expensive" I say. And then we go back a forth once or twice and then I walk out of the store happily wearing wonderful new shoes for a price equivallent to 6 American dollars. Payless Shoes has nothing on Taiwanese shoe shops. They wouldn't stand a chance. *smile*

3 comments: