Friday, April 24, 2009

Easter Event

I am terribly behind in my blogging. So I will start with the Easter event we had at my school. This idea was totally from God and he gave me the energy and desire to carry it out. Usually I get all excited about ideas I have but never get past the planning stage. This event was planned and executed to success! There were a total of 80+ kids from my school who came at 8am on the Saturday before Easter. I had 4 other teachers there to help including Megan Jefferies. Splitting the kids into 4 teams aided with "crowd control". I was the egg decorating station person. Each team went through a rotation of games and Easter egg decorating. The eggs ended up so beautiful and the kids loved making them and taking them home to eat. First time they have ever done this. The most popular game played that morning was the water balloon toss. Thankfully, the weather was hot and sunny after a whole previous week of rain. Megan gave a wonderful Easter story message and everyone was very attentive. Praise God that it went so well. I know the kids had a great time, the parents and teachers had a great time and I had a
great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment