Monday, April 27, 2009

Lessons from God Part #2

Most recently God has been teaching me about abundant living coming from service. The more I get to do for people on my own initiative, the more abundant and fulfilling the day seems- even if i'm not running around doing wild things and riding motorcycles. *grin* An example of this is Megan and I had my 6th grade girls over to make cookies one Saturday. I have made cookies a hundred times before.. I can whip them up in no time at all. These girls have NEVER made cookies before. Much to my surprise, it didn't bother me at all that flour was everywhere and eggs shells had to be picked out of the cookie dough. Might as well not worry about it. No need to pick up the flour right away.. we'll probably spill more in a few seconds. So what if all the cookies aren't the same size. All this to say that 2 hours later we finally were able to eat some fresh baked homemade cookies! And we ate them ALL! haha The highlight of the afternoon for me was introducing the girls to the wonders of eating cookie dough out of the mixing bowl. They were like "oo really?? eat it out of the bowl??" One taste and they were all hooked. " O my gosh! this is soooo good!!" I'm just sitting there thinking, "I KNOW RIGHT?!?!!!!". We bonded over cookie dough. The 6th grade boys are eagerly waiting for their cookie day to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment